Friday, October 16, 2009

human behavior problem::

2009.10.16-

the problem i'll be focusing on is sleeping. sleeping has been a problem for me ever since the first year of high school. the main problem that affects my sleeping is stress. i'm a thinker. for example, when a term has just started and when i see all the assignments listed down for the next 10 weeks, i would already plan that all in my head and start to think about it overnight when i'm about to sleep. i tend to think what the end result should be when i should be focusing on the present. let me tell you a little more of myself. people who know me well knows i never sleep. i don't sleep before 3AM. i normally would get about 3-5 hours a sleep a night and the whole cycle repeats itself (this is during the week). on weekends is when i can catch up on more rest. i believe that time-management is part of a reason why i don't get any sleep. i like to go with the flow with things. i don't like putting myself on a schedule. i eat when i feel like it, i would start my homework (usually) after midnight. it's become a daily habit and i've tried to change that, but my body clock doesn't work that way. without sleep, i tend to act differently, i'm not myself around people, i'm always in a bad mood, i get really cranky, i like to break down.

i find this project to be more of an experimentation on myself. my plan is to document myself on the things i do normally on a daily basis. whenever i did a different activity, i would write it down on my journal (the times i sleep or nap, the times i do homework, write how i feel throughout the day, etc). i would then attempt to change my habit and see how the process went. some ideas my group members threw out were to try take nyquil/benadryl before i sleep, watch tv (documentaries), drink, read books. then later document the changes and how much of a difference does it make after getting more sleep. i'll be posting again shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment