Friday, March 19, 2010

project 471 final unfinished env/scene

project 471 - final unfinished narrative
I've been spending the last couple of days figuring out the things I could've done differently, but I didn't want to completely start over and I continued with what I had already been working with. I think this project was more of me trying to get the image I pictured in my head, find the right landscape, rather than spending the hours on the modeling of the tree branches/road signs. I ended up getting 3 posters printed out just because the first 2 came out really dark (expected) even after I'd made it brighter. I printed the first 2 at millrace, and tried the 3rd at kinkos. I lightened up the sky because it appeared grey on the first 2. The sky on the 3rd attempt print turned out to be pixelated. I think the mistake I made was starting off with a background that wasn't as good quality and it wasn't something I had put into consideration, and having spent most of my time compositing/rendering with the background would take me a while to start over with a new background. The scene is intentionally made dark just because when I think of Alice being 'lost' - that it's a 'night' scene. If it was a daylight scene, it wouldn't really make sense.. but at the same time, I'm trying to not make it make sense, so whether it was daylight or night time, the point is that it makes us think how and why those road signs appear to be there without any road leading to a certain direction. I realized that putting them into a 2d image was harder than I thought (with getting the plane in a right angle with the grass). After seeing the outcome of the image, I wonder how it would've been different if this was in a 3d environment- could possibly be something to experiment with another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment